Tuesday 7 June 2011

Enter the Blogosphere...

In the words of Willy Wonka...

Come with me and you'll be
In a world of pure imagination
Take a look and you'll see
Into your imagination

We'll begin with a spin
Trav'ling in the world of my creation
What we'll see will defy
Explanation

If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view it
Anything you want to, do it
Want to change the world, there's nothing to it



My name is Loraine.  I bake.  I bake a lot.  I bake for myself, I bake for my family, I bake when I'm bored, when I'm happy, when I want to celebrate.  Oh yeah, but as for that stuff called gluten, well it doesn't agree with me, not one little bit.  Over the past three years since I started experimenting with eliminating gluten from my diet, I have become a bit of an expert at adapting my everyday baking recipes for Gluten Free alternatives.


I'm sorry but you won't find any savoury dishes here.  To be honest, cooking Gluten Free for most main meals is a breeze.  No gluten in my meat veges or herbs its all good.  Ahhhh... but a cake, a pastry a little sweet something - now there's a challenge.  How do we make it tasty not bland, moist but not heavy, crisp but not crumbly - now there's a challenge.


Join me on my baking adventures as I share with you my experiments in Gluten Free baking. My food is tasty and appealing, but homely.  I'm a mum to one beautiful little boy and a wife to a great food tester whose burgeoning waistline is testimony to the many cakes and goodies I create for him to taste. I use everyday ingredients bought from my distinctly average supermarket and this should make my recipes accessible for all.


Stay tuned as I update my blog with my latest inventions and discoveries.  I am rather excited right now about my success in devising the most delectable GF Short Crust pastry I have ever tried over the past weekend.  That will be my first recipe...are you ready ?


"Want to change the world, there's nothing to it..."

No comments:

Post a Comment